Boarding Requirements Checklist?
- All cats must be currently F3, F4 or F5 vaccinated, and proof of vaccination must be produced at time of admission. Vaccinations only last 12 months. If vaccinations or boosters are due, they do need to be administered no later then 14 days prior to boarding.
- The day before boarding, all cats must be fleaed and wormed. The best flea treatments we have found to be most effective are: Advantage, Advocate and Revolution in the spot on. Any cats which arrive at our cattery with either fleas or worms will be charged a $35.00 fee for treatment and cleaning. Try to avoid Frontline for boarding.
- If your cat/s require special veterinary diet food, you will need to supply the food for your cats holiday. Accommodation costs are not reduced for bringing your own food. All other food is supplied by Scenic Rim Cat Lodge.
- If your cat/s require medication, you will need to supply the medication. Medications need to be clearly marked with cats name, instructions and dose. WE DO NOT ADMINISTER INSULIN INJECTIONS – and it would be recommended to contact your local veterinarian, or another cattery who administers insulin injections to organise care while in your absence.
- All cats must arrive in a cat cage, and will not be let out until they are in a secure location of the cattery.
- We will only accept cats who have been desexed. Kittens need to be desexed by the age of 6 months or sexual maturity, whichever occurs first.
All cats must be currently F3, F4 or F5 vaccinated, with a copy of their current immunisation certificate. We do require all cats to have their annual vaccinations 14 days prior to boarding, to ensure they are covered adequately. Vaccinations last 12 months.
For the health and safety of all cats within our establishment, we reserve the right to decline your cat’s admission should the vaccination not be done.
We must sight your cat’s annual vaccination certificate prior to admission to Scenic Rim Cat Lodge. We apologise for any inconvenience – No certificate or proof, no admission.
All cats must be fleaed (1 day before admission) and wormed prior to being boarded. Pest Management is of the utmost importance in our cattery enviornment and if fleas or worms are found on your cat during their stay, they will be administered a flea spot treatment or worm treatment at the owners cost. The cost of a flea / worm treatment is $35.00. This fee includes a $15.00 treatment fee, and a $20.00 cleaning fee as flea infestation can affect the whole cattery and its residents. Please note, products such as; Advantage, Advocate, Revolution appear to work best in our our cattery environment.
All medications provided will be administered as per veterinary instructions. We do keep an accurate record on each cats file and also a separate medications register. We do not charge any additional fees for the administration of medications.
Please note: We Do Not Administer Insulin Injections, and it would be recommended to contact your local veterinarian, or another cattery who administers insulin injections to organise care while in your absence.
What happens if my cat is injured or ill?
We will always contact you or an emergency contact, to let you know of any signs of illness we may see, and seek vet treatment as needed.We take immediate action on any cats that show signs of illness. We will try and use your own veterinarian (time permitting) or we will use our own veterinarians, whom we have 24 hour access too. Any veterinarian treatment will be billed to the owners for payment.
Do you mix other peoples cats with mine?
No, we never mix other peoples cat/s with your cat/s. If they are not from the same family, then we will not mix them. Time in the play area is strictly family only (Family refers to 1 cat or 2+ cats).
Cattery Business Hours?
For arrivals, departures and inspections
|Monday:||7:30 – 10:00am||3:00 – 5:00pm|
|Tuesday:||7:30 – 10:00am||3:00 – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday:||CLOSED (No trading hours for Arrivals, Departures or Inspections)|
|Thursday:||7:30 – 10:00am||3:00 – 5:00pm|
|Friday:||7:30 – 10:00am||3:00 – 5:00pm|
|Saturday:||8:00 – 10:30am||3:00 – 5:00pm|
|Sunday:||3:00 – 5:00pm|
CLOSED every Wednesday and all public holidays including Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
* All other times Strictly by appointment only.
* Out of cattery opening business hours will incur a $50.00 fee.
Arrangements for out of hours arrivals and departure must be made no less then 24 hours before arrival and departure. We can’t guarantee that we can agree to out of hours arrivals and departures due to the commitments of the running’s of the cattery.
What do you feed the guests?
We offer all our feline guests premium Royal Canin dry food, a selection of wet food and fresh meat. Any special veterinarian diets will need to be supplied by the owner.